Tuesday, 24 June 2014

3CE Lip Color (509 Violeta) Review



Packaging

The sleek black packaging is a sturdy plastic material that has a matte-like finish (meaning fingerprint-proof yes!). I really like the packaging. Its very simple, clean and crisp. It doesn't feel or look cheap either. The only negative I can say is that it may be a bit bulky considering how little product there is (3.5g). It also comes in a beautiful box, which makes me not want to throw that box away!



Colour

The colour is described as a subtle magenta with an oriental mood. I think that's a pretty accurate description. It is a vibrant pinky-purple/magenta colour with a warm undertone which makes it appropriate for asian skin tones. It also has no glitter which I love! Shimmery lipsticks do not sit well on my chapped lips >< 

The promotional photos are very true to the colour of lipstick. On the model, It does appear slightly more pink and bright than in reality (or even compared to the promotional swatch image). I was worried the colour would be too bold or vibrant for my medium skintone, but its beautiful! It brightens up my complexion! I love this colour!



Formula 

The Lipstick is a satin finish. It's not matte but not too glossy which is the perfect finish for me. I love the smooth creamy formula of this lipstick. It just glides so smoothly over my lips. As long as I don't apply too much product, the product wont seep into my lip cracks or move around. 



Coverage /Pigmentation

The coverage is amazing. You only need one thin coat to achieve a beautiful vibrant colour. Even though its creamy and moisturising, It doesn't feel like I have a layer of lipstick on my lips and the finish is so natural! 

This lipstick doesn't stain but the gradient effect can easily be achieved by dabbing a few spots and spreading the colour out with your fingers or a lip brush.

Lasting Power

It lasts for quite a long time being a creamy lipstick and having non matte finish. It will transfer when you eat or drink though.

Price

I bought it online at Koreadepart on sale for $13.97USD which I believe is really inexpensive considering drugstore lipsticks in Australia cost $20+



Pros

- Pigmented formula
- Not drying
- Relatively inexpensive
- Lasts a good 3-4 hours before fading a tad bit

Cons

- Transfers
- Packaging a bit bulky

Final Verdict

Packaging 4.5/5 (bulky for how much product)
Colour 5/5 (beautiful colour with accurate online depictions)
Formula 5/5 (Creamy but not too the point of slipping around on your lips)
Coverage/ Pigmentation 5/5 (build-able from tint to vibrant lip)
Price 5/5

Overall,

5/5 Would recommend and would definitely repurchase and purchase other colours!




Thank you for reading, I hope you found this review helpful!

Find me on Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment