Saturday, 5 July 2014

Innisfree Smart Foundation Perfect Cover (No. 23 Natural Beige) Review



Packaging

Since it only contains 15ml, the tube is very small and is approximately 10cm tall. I like the small tip on the packaging. The squeezable tube makes is easy to control how much product I want which I love.


Formula/Colour

No. 23 Natural beige matches my medium skin tone. The formula is a little thicker than bb cream and more of a thick foundation consistency. It has a sunscreen /old person scent to it. I cannot really explain but I do not like the scent one bit!

Application

It is a thick consistency so it takes a bit of effort to blend into the skin using fingers. I only use a pea size and use a patting motion with my fingers or a brush to get a somewhat natural finish. I find that this foundation can look cakey if you layer it.

This foundation mixed with The Face Shop Aura Control Cream gives off a natural finish with good coverage.

Finish

There are other versions in this Innisfree Smart Foundation line. I chose perfect cover. The finish of the Perfect Cover is matte. It accentuates my dry patches. I recommend those who have dry skin to maybe buy the moisture version or mix this foundation with a moisturizing product.

Coverage

It provides a medium coverage. It is not enough to cover my dark blemishes though.

Lasting power

Oil control for this product is great (I use it in conjunction with the Innisfree No Sebum Powder) It doesn’t move around my face which is good.

Price

This line of foundation was made so that each version could be mixed with each other, hence why it has such little product. It comes with 15g of product and I bought it for $5.95USD at Koreadepart which ends up a decent price.

Pros

Medium coverage
Good squeezable tube for control
Has SPF33 PA+++
Long lasting
Good Oil control

Cons

Unpleasant sunscreen/old people scent
Accentuates dry spots
Broke me out
Thick consistency- can look cakey


Final Verdict

Packaging 5/5
Formula/Colour 2/5
Finish 3/5
Lasting Power 5/5

Overall 2.5/5 Although I said quite negative things about my personal opinion on this product, it has some merit. I think the other versions in this foundation line may be more promising. Perhaps mixed with the Innisfree Smart Foundation Blender, the perfect cover will have a more moisturizing and natural finish.

I am afraid to use it again in case it causes me to break out again. I will find the courage to use it again and update this post if it actually doesn't break me out.


Thank you for reading!

Find me on Instagram


No comments:

Post a Comment