Wednesday, 11 February 2015

Innisfree Skinny Waterproof Microcara Review



The Innisfree Skinny Waterproof Microcara caught my eye when I saw how thin its brush was. It has been my daily mascara for a while now, so I hope you enjoy the review.

NOTE: I realised I added in an 's' to microcara in the above photo. Please excuse the mistake!


Brand
Innisfree
Product 
Skinny Waterproof Microcara
Content
4g
Price
$14.65AUD at Innisfreeworld
$11.49USD at Jolse
$9.18USD at Koreadepart



Product
The skinny microcara gets its name from its  2.5mm wide brush. From Innisfree's official website, the Innisfree Skinny Waterproof Microcara is 'a waterproof mascara with an ultrafine skinny brush that brings out hidden lashes'. It is 'a non-smudge mascara with a strong waterproof base', It 'thoroughly coats hidden lashes' and 'evenly coats lashes in a thin layer.'




Application
I love application with this mascara. The 2.5mm wide brush allows every lash, upper and lower, to be effortlessly coated.

The image below shows the comparison between a regular mascara brush and the Innisfree skinny Microcara brush. You can imagine the regular mascara brush wouldn't be too easy to apply to short lashes. With the microcara, there is more precision because the brush is so thin. I don't have to worry about the brush accidentally poking my eye or smudging on the eyelid. I am able to easily reach all individual lashes and get product to the roots of the lashes effortlessly. I have to say this mascara is a dream to apply to lower lashes.

The brush also doesn't clump my lashes together and separates each lash very nicely. However, I found this mascara is hard to layer coats, since it tends to leave clumps if applying a second layer.

TIP: With any mascara, I lightly wipe off excess product off the brush and then apply mascara. This avoids clumpy looking lashes. 


Effect
The microcara does not provide volume to lashes well. However, it provides length and separates each lash nicely. The results are natural long looking lashes. It lengthens both upper and lower lashes and makes them look more visible.

The microcara comes in two versions, waterproof and non-waterproof. Since I have oily eyelids and straight short thin lashes, I always go for waterproof mascaras since they seem to hold curls better and smudge less.

I have to say, this mascara does not hold a curl well. Straight after application, my lashes drops its curl. I suggest a lash fixer/ primer before this mascara to allow the curl to stay put throughout the day. However, a tip if you dont want to use two product on your lashes is to 1. curl your lashes 2. apply this mascara and then 3. Re-curl them once the mascara drys. This will not hold the curl all day long but provide a curl that will slowly drop throughout the day.

It is waterproof, needing an oil based makeup remover. Having very oily eye lids and watery eyes, this masacara does not smudge or give my panda eyes (even on hot days).



Pros
2.5mm thin brush
Provides natural looking lashes
Lengthens lashes
Able to reach individual lashes and roots of lashes
Great for lower lashes
Separates lashes nicely
Waterproof
Smudge-proof
Affordable

Cons
Does not hold curl well
Does not volumize
Can get clumpy if layering coats


Final Verdict

Price
* * * * *
Application
* * * * *
Effect
* * * *
Waterproof
* * * * *
Smudgeproof
 * * * * *
Curling
* *

Final Score
* * * *

Overall, this is a great mascara for daily wear, giving natural long looking lashes. It is especially great for those with short thin lashes and oily eyelids. I just wished it held curls better.

Will I repurchase? Maybe. I am not sure if I am willing to use a primer/fixer before using this mascara. It takes a lot of time in the mornings for both steps.


Thank you for reading!

1 comment:

  1. Love your review! I agree with you on how it is smudge proof and water proof!
    I've also reviewed this, mind checking my review on it please?
    Charrmyn || Innisfree Skinny Waterproof Microcara Review

    ReplyDelete