Sunday, 19 July 2015

The Face Shop Oil Control Water Cushion Review

Cushion Foundations. They are everywhere and loved by many. I finally gave in and bought my first cushion and I have to say it won't be my last. This review is on The Face Shop Oil Control Water Cushion. Let's get started!


Brand
The Face Shop
Product
The Face Shop Oil Control Water Cushion
All Proof
Moist Cover + Fresh Fit + Long-lasting
SPF 50+ PA+++
Shade
V201 Apricot Beige
Content
15g / 0.52 oz.
Product Description
Cushion foundation recharges skin with moisture wile controlling sebum for long lasting freshness.
Moist-cover effect promotes a healthy look while covering up imperfections and pigmentation.
Sebum control formula helps keep makeup shine free.
Sweet proof effect keeps makeup in perfect condition for hours.
New microfoam keeps makeup feel as fresh as when it is first applied.


Packaging
Standard packaging for cushion foundations. The compact feels and looks sturdy and not cheap. The air puff is standard and good quality.

Shade
Although I normally get the darker shade when purchasing korean foundations, the sales assistant was positive I was the lighter shade. The tester even matched my skintone. 201 is definitely too light for me. However, to make it work I wear it and use a darker foundation and bronzer on the outer edges of my face.





Application
Easy application using the air puff that comes with the cushion foundation.
5/5

Finish
Non-sticky and non heavy feeling finish. My face feels and looks soft. Being a 'water' cushion, It does not leave a dewy finish. However, it does leave a healthy natural glow to the skin. No dryness is accentuated and overall my face is soft and does not feel cakey or heavy.
5/5



Coverage
The coverage is medium-high and quite excellent for how light it applies and looks on the skin. It covers redness and does not clog pores or make them look enlarged. It is build-able and doesnt end up looking cakey as long as you layer up with light applications.
4/5

Oil Control
I wore this foundation from 12pm - 10pm without primer or setting powder and retouched once on my nose and cheeks(for some reason I didn't retouch my forehead). By the end of the night only my forehead was shiny and oily. This cushion also transfers easily without a powder if you touch your face. So I recommend you set this cushion with a spray or powder or touch up throughout the day.

Update 25/07/2015- Wearing a primer base and powder really helps. By the end of the day, my skin still looked as fresh as it did when I first applied the cushion. No shiny or oily-ness and no cakey-ness.

4/5




Longevity
Like I mentioned above, I wore the foundation for 10 hours. By the end of the night, my face still looked pretty good (minus the shiny forehead). Having no setting powder or primer, my face did not look cakey and the foundation did not crease or move about. Only on the areas where I did touch up a bit earlier looked just a little cakey but only close up. Overall, I am really impressed with the longevity of this foundation.
5/5



Pros
Didn't break me out
Non-sticky finish
Satin/ natural finish
does not need primer or setting powder (for those with normal to dry skin types)
Medium coverage - covers redness and uneven dull skin
Long lasting

Cons
Oil control not adequate for those with oil skin types ( primer/ setting powder reccommended)
Transfers easily if you touch your face
not waterproof- tears and water will mix in and break down the cushion (not pretty)
Does not fully cover dark pigmentation and acne scars


Final thoughts
I am really impressed with this cushion foundation. It is long lasting, leaves a natural and light finish and has great coverage for its light formula. I am just sad that I bought the wrong shade.

5/5





3 comments:

  1. whaa thank you for reviewing.. Nice to meet you Lisa, my name Liza.. XD
    I've been looking a review about this product and finally I found it in your blog.. XD
    Cherriess Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very nice to meet you Liza! :) You're very welcome. I hope this post was useful for you. It is my first cushion foundation but it is amazing I even ordered online the darker shade haha.
      Btw you have a really nice blog! Thank you for following!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the review! <3
    But really, it's better not to listen to any sales assistant, I've had many experience with them not capable of recommending the right shade/right product and such. They even tell some unrealistic infos abt the product like "it's for sensitive skin ma'am" but when I look at the ingredients, it's totally not.
    There was even a time when I was asking the price of a certain sunscreen with spf45 pa++, the sales assistant said that their other variant is better as it's pink and gives rosy skin and it also offers spf45, but I refused and said I prefer the one with pa++ since sunscreen is for sun protection, not skin color, uh, enhancement. However, she insisted that the two sunscreen is the same and the ++ is just, well, a design and doesn't really mean anything. In the end, I didnt buy anything haha.

    ReplyDelete